A Simple Outline of God's Way of Salvation
Do I need to be saved?
- God is holy. No sin will ever enter His presence, for "righteousness and judgment are the habitation of His throne" (Psalm 97:2).
- Man is sinful. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).
- Sin separates man from God. "But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid His face from you" (Isaiah 59:2).
- It is impossible for man to save himself. "By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in His sight" (Romans 3:20).
Can I be saved?
- God sent His Son to be your Savior. "Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins" (1 John 4:10).
- The living Savior invites sinners to receive Him. "Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28).
- Forgiveness of sins and salvation can be yours today. "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God" (1 Peter 3:18).
How can I be saved?
- Agree with God that you are a lost sinner unable to save yourself. "God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins and ask Him to be your Savior. "As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name" (John 1:12).
- Confess the Lord Jesus Christ before men. "If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" (Romans 10:9).
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life" (John 5:24).